Hi! I’m Elizabeth. Welcome to A Day from Scratch.
I am a native Houstonian, Ole Miss rebel, professional chef and entrepreneur. I established A Day from Scratch, a boutique catering service specializing in custom cuisine for weekly meals, cocktail parties, intimate dinners, special celebrations and every occasion in between.
I received my Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management from the University of Mississippi. Through living in a few different cities, pursuing a few different careers, I found my creative outlet in the kitchen. My love of cooking and its role in community building and memory-making led me to further my culinary education. I studied my craft at Le Cordon Bleu, cooking cuisines from around the globe and eating my way through Texas. I have worked in various restaurants, a spa, for a catering company all while growing A Day from Scratch through word of mouth and tasteful dinners since 2012.
On this website you will find recipes, culinary musings, and a little bit about my daily life.
Some fun tidbits about me:
1. I’m obsessed with Pizza, and my dreams came true when I had a slice in Italy.
2. I’m an Ole Miss Rebel, Hotty Toddy!
3. I love to eat peanut butter, especially crunchy, right out of the jar.
4. I’m an adventurous eater and will try anything at least once.
5. I have what some would call an unhealthy love of Reba McEntire. Just ask my mom.
6. Yoga pants and aprons are may daily wardrobe.
7. I love to hunt and fish.
8. I’m a sucker for a margarita with fresh squeezed juices.
9. … and while we are at it I’m a sucker for a good glass of wine.
10. I believe life doesn’t have to be perfect to be wonderful!